Get Your Flut Shot!
Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
Flu can lead to serious health problems such as pneumonia, or it can make an existing disease worse. Every year, thousands of people end up in the hospital with other health problems from the flu. Flu viruses change quickly, so you need to get a flu vaccine every ear. You can’t get the flu from a flu vaccine.
It’s best to get the vaccine as soon as it’s available. It comes as a shot or in a spray that you breathe in through your nose. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months old and older should get a flu vaccine. The vaccine is especially important for people who are at higher risk of problems from the flu, including:
- Young children
- Adults ages 50 and older
- Adults and children who have long-term health problems or an impaired immune system
- Women who will be pregnant during the flu season
If you take care of someone who is at high risk, it’s a good idea to get a flu vaccine. This can lower the chance that you could spread the flu to the person you care for.
The flu vaccine is also important for health care workers and anyone who lives or works with a person who is at higher risk of problems from the flu.
Flu Clinics at Oregon Medical Group
- If you come in for an appointment, you will be offered a flu shot.
- In addition, flu clinics are being held at the clinics. Contact your clinic for more information.
- Flu shots are available every day at the Crescent clinic location from:
- 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday